How To: Spiff Up Your Blog with a Video
The Brighton online marketing team spends a great deal of time researching the best ways to blog. Our goal is to keep you, our audience, intrigued with the content we have to offer. So, we came up with something new.
Big Idea: Create a video interview showcasing one of our brilliant and enthusiastic Brighton employees.
This is the first time our online marketing team has put together a video for the blog. After pulling the footage, we introduced ourselves to the Apple iMovie program and fell in love with its simple dashboard. Because we enjoyed this project so much, we wanted to share our process (and progress) with you.
Five steps to creating your own video interview
- Know your interviewee. What type of personality, characteristics or talents does the person have? Create a list of questions to have on-hand during the recorded interview. If your atmosphere is relaxed, it will seem like a conversation. The questions are there to help begin the interview and keep you on track if you hit an awkward silence.
- Set up your Flip cam, digital camera or mobile phone and arrange the setting. We scrambled for a tripod around the office which helped tremendously! Ask questions like: Will we have a backdrop? Will the interviewers be on camera or behind the scenes? Position your interviewee as the main focus on screen. Place others accordingly.
- Time to shoot! This is the easy part. Chat away and remember to keep those interview questions at hand.
- Import footage to iMovie and edit. Drag uploaded footage onto a new “event” in iMovie and begin a new project. iMovie gives you the ability to edit and clip, enhance the lighting and sound of your clips, and offers users a wide library of sounds, music, transitions and more to make your video completely unique to the style you’re looking for.
- Review final product and share. Once edited and reviewed, you are now ready to post live! You must be proud, so be sure to share your accomplishments! Post the blog on all social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and even Linkedin. This way, you know you’re reaching all of your audiences.
You might be thinking, what a simple process! Exactly! What an easy way to spiff up your blog and capture your audience. Be creative with your advertising, take a step outside of your regular realm of written posts, and try something new! Let us know how it works for you. Good luck!