We are looking for an experienced, passionate and hardworking Project Manager to join our team. At Brighton, all the expertise needed to deliver insightful and creative marketing solutions is under one roof. Our collaborative atmosphere allows our experts in each marketing discipline to bring ideas and experience to each project. This multi-dimensional approach translates to compelling communications and on-trend solutions that deliver results.
The primary functions of the Project Manager position include project and program management for our agriculture industry clients, occasional client management and team leadership. The position requires a sufficient breadth and depth of expertise in Brighton’s digital and traditional capabilities to lead large, multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions.
The Project Manager manages complex, multi-track projects or small-scale programs to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high-performance standards. He/she uses advanced problem-solving skills, strong business skills, solid verbal and written communication skills, excellent relationship-building skills and strong leadership and team management skills.
He/she must have a solid understanding of marketing and project management in order to achieve the predictable, consistent and successful delivery of projects through the standardization and application of processes, methodologies, tools and techniques. Must possess the ability to simultaneously manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects and the flexibility to lead diverse and dynamic teams to deliver balanced digital and traditional solutions for our clients’ challenging business problems. Formal project management training and certification are desired.
- Structures and manages integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs of multiple projects. Leads the development and tracking of integrated plans across digital and traditional projects, partnering with others to lead teams of 5-25 people across creative design, user experience design, software development, client services, strategy, social media and/or marketing disciplines. Builds and structures the project team to ensure maximum performance. Provides purpose, direction and motivation to project teams.
- Oversees the development and ongoing management of project plans – including key milestones, tasks, resources and timelines for all project deliverables. Establishes and maintains processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle. Identifies and manages project and/or program issues, risks, actions and decisions. Sets project quality and performance standards.
- Adapts Brighton’s approach to meet project and program objectives and client business-drivers. Establishes and maintains project and/or program communications and reports. Assists with project estimations and staffing needs.
- Serves as the project team’s representative and advocate in client discussions. Manages all facets of peer-level client relationships, including expectations, communications, negotiations, escalation and feedback. Provides day-to-day project contact for clients.
- Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria. Ensures key project and program-wide roles and responsibilities are defined across disciplines. Ensures the use of best practices and applies lessons learned from previous projects.
- Partner with Senior Project Manager and other Project Managers in implementing a Project Management Office (PMO) at Brighton, in an effort to realize greater efficiencies through standardized processes and procedures across the organization.
- Ensures a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
- Manages third-party freelancer, partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary.
- Maintains awareness of the current industry environments that shape opportunities for client solutions—e.g., news events, industry trends, technology trends, mergers, etc.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work under pressure
- Works well as part of a team, with ranges of people and personalities
- Project Management certification preferred
- Marketing agency experience a plus
- Experience with Workamajig a plus
- Agriculture marketing experience a plus
Brighton Agency offers a competitive salary with a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, paid time off and paid holidays.