At Brighton Agency, our passions vary. Our skills run far and wide. But our singular commitment is to the client’s success. We work collaboratively to define and execute powerful marketing solutions that drive business results for our clients. Our people and our processes focus on it. Just as business challenges are diverse, we have the diverse talent in place to meet those challenges. Our collaborative atmosphere allows our experts in each discipline to bring ideas and experience to every project—to create compelling, on-trend solutions that deliver results.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, and talented IT Support Specialist to join our team.
We are a fun, geeky, passionate group looking for an equally geeky, passionate, well-rounded individual who is looking for the variety and energy of an agency environment. We want to add someone to the team who is innately curious about the latest in technology and best practices in tech for the agency space. A solution-oriented trouble shooter responsible for providing technology support across the agency. You would be responsible for providing desktop computer support (hardware and software), printer and A/V support and working with our IT support company to administer and maintain core server technology.
Apart from being passionate about your work, here are some of the details:
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Deploy, track, and maintain all user hardware and systems, primarily Mac based.
- Install or supervise installation of client software and provide user support.
- Basic printer maintenance and installation.
- Work with our IT support partner to maintain basic health and configuration of mostly Microsoft servers including, Domain Controllers, Exchange, File Services, Veeam Backup, etc.
- Instruct new employees on company IT policies and procedures.
- Assist as necessary in moving and reconnecting equipment during seating re-arrangements and office moves.
- Performs basic troubleshooting to determine the source of errors.
- Alert and inform personnel of common viruses/phishing attacks/scams that are trending or particularly dangerous.
- Provide setup, support and training related to hardware, software, printing functions, audio/visual needs, video conferencing, etc.
- Maintains supply inventory list with records by serial number and conducts frequent audits of inventories included but not limited to: photography, video, computers. Report any purchases to supervisor. Maintain supplies in storage areas in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures used in the Computer, Network, and Support Industries.
- Provides preventative maintenance to all computer assets and other network attached devices.
- Disaster recovery and security.
- Monitors backup jobs daily and take corrective action as necessary including notifying appropriate parties. Ensure that all technology and telecommunications systems are in working, running order.
- Assist IT support partner with network and systems security through the use of firewalls and software antivirus as well as basic network health monitoring and deployment of time critical patches.
- Assists the COO in identifying hardware and software needs and determining where such materials and services may be purchased for the best price and support.
- Conveys a professional and courteous attitude at all times toward clients, co-workers and guests with an ability to talk to non-technical users in an empowering way.
- Maintains a sense of ownership and urgency for any troubleshooting or support issues.
- Maintains a healthy attitude toward your job, make suggestions to improve the agency’s overall performance.
- Upholds agency reputation and brand standards.
- Complies with and enforces all company policies and procedures as stated in the Policy Manual.
Primary Technologies and Skills:
- macOS and macOS Server
- Office 2016
- Windows 7+
- Adobe Creative Suite troubleshooting
- Font management and troubleshooting
- DeployStudio & Munki Deployment
Secondary Technologies and Helpful Skills:
- Active Directory / Exchange 2016
- vSphere 5.5
- Cisco ASA VPN
- Avaya Phone Systems
- Linux (LAMP) Server Management
- Network architecture
- Network services: HTTP, FTP, Mail, etc.
- Firewall setup and network security
- Backup administration and planning
Additional Skills Required:
- A Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years previous experience, preferably in agency or consulting organizations
- Strong communications skills agency colleagues and client contacts
- Past experience collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams
- High personal accountability and a willingness to get the job done
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven work ethic
Brighton Agency offers a competitive salary with a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, profit sharing, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Brighton promises you the support and camaraderie of other Brightonians who will share your passion for delivering creative work and satisfying the client.